And So It Begins
After much dithering and looking at online tutorials and thinking maybe I should practice on some scrap fabric, I just decided to bite the bullet today and get started stitching around the edge of my dragon. I’m using a plied 100% silk thread called Vineyard Silk that so far is working pretty well. I do keep finding spots where the Heat-n-Bond didn’t bond quite as well as I would have liked, but that’s nothing the iron can’t fix! What I’ve got here is about 18″ worth of thread and may half an hour’s worth of work. So far I’ve finished the bottom edge where I started and I’m most of the way around one of the brown leg joints. Yay, stitching!