Achievement Unlocked: Shower Tunic Fabric!
We went past the fabric store after dinner tonight and found fabric for two new shower tunics. The green striped one on the left I had seen when I was in the store the other day and thought of as a possibility. Tonight I also found the blue fabric on the right that has flecks of red running through it and a white diamond pattern woven in a slightly slubby thread. It’s funny what turns up when you look a couple of times – I hadn’t seen that blue fabric when I’d looked on previous visits! I may not actually get to sewing the tunics until next week or so, but at least I can rest secure in the knowledge that we have the fabric on hand!
Also, another unexpected find in the bargain room – the Hubs found a partial bolt of 100% wool, light brown with a blue and darker brown big windowpane plaid. It’s actually two pieces about 2 yards and 2.75 yards, but it’s 60″ wide and definitely enough to do something with. Plus, you can’t pass up $3.97 a yard.
Making progress on my dragon applique as well. Last week I printed out a small copy of the pattern and colored it in the way I decided I wanted the finished product to look. Mostly three colors – a dusty light green for the main parts, dark green for the outline, and brown for some of the details.
Sunday I traced the whole pattern onto some lightweight Heat-n-Bond and got it cut out. I was super-careful to trace it all in reverse so it would come out the right way on the dress! Then I ironed the pattern onto the base fabric – the light green – and finally got that cut out today. I’ve also got the detail pieces traced out and ready to be cut out and ironed on to the appropriate fabrics, but I think the next step will be getting the base onto the dress. Fingers crossed that the length actually works out, though it won’t be too difficult to sneak in a little adjustment if need be!
My grades for Summer semester are all complete and submitted, so now I can really concentrate on sewing!